DECD is undertaking a competitive grant application process for two or more transformational, place-making projects in major urban areas or regional economic centers (the “Projects”). The Projects are designed to facilitate the creation of at least 15,000 new jobs in data science, advanced manufacturing, insurance technology (“insure-tech”), or other high-growth industries. Approved Projects may include those which:
- Leverage partnerships with local businesses, universities, and not-for-profit institutions to maximize investment;
- Attract and develop talent in major urban centers or regional job hubs;
- Support diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts; and
- Ensure local improvements through community benefit agreements
DECD invites municipalities to submit an application in conjunction and coordination with stakeholders that may include private businesses and developers, post-secondary educational institutions, and philanthropic or other not-for-profit entities, demonstrating a public/private partnership.
A full Notice of Funding Availability can be found here:
Link to NOFA PDF
Up to $50M per project and up to $100M in total.
Friday, Oct 15, 2021 Application/NOFA Available
Friday, November 19, 2021 Deadline for Intent to Apply
Friday, March 4, 2022 Deadline for Applications
April – May 2022 (Tentative) Announcement of Awards
Eligible applicants are consortia which (a) MUST comprise a Municipality, as defined by C.G.S Section 32-760(12), and (b) MAY include any of the following types of entities: private businesses and developers, post-secondary educational institutions, and philanthropic or other not-for-profit entities. All applicants must provide proof of access to the site, site control or path to site control.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Submit the Intent to Apply Form to InnovationCorridor@ct.gov by 3:00 PM on Friday, November 19, 2021.
Link to Intent to Apply PDF
- Step 2: Submit your completed application materials (electronic format) to InnovationCorridor@ct.gov by 3:00 PM on Friday, March 4, 2022.
Link to Grant Application Form PDF
Larger attachments that cannot be sent via email, can be shared via a cloud-share link (such as Dropbox) to the above listed address, provided it does not require DECD staff to create a new account to access the files. If you do not have a cloud-share link, please contact InnovationCorridor@ct.gov.
Questions regarding the Application should be addressed to InnovationCorridor@ct.gov. Any clarification or supplemental information will be added to this webpage.
Sign up for the Mailing List to receive any notifications on this Program.