Working at Samford
Equal Opportunity Employer
The university is committed to compliance with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, including governing provisions of and amendments to Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Executive Order 11246, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or services.
The mission of Samford University is to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith and personhood. As a Christian university, the community fosters academic, career and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility and service to others.
You must meet or exceed the minimum requirements of the position for which you are applying in order to be considered for that position. If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you cannot be considered. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States, as Samford will not sponsor any employment visas for any position.
Open Job Postings
All positions listed on this website are open, and applicants are encouraged to apply. Positions are open to both internal and external applicants unless otherwise indicated. Staff vacancies do not have pre-determined closing dates unless specified. The pre-determined closing date for faculty vacancies is published within each position listing.
Position openings may be closed at any time it is determined sufficient qualified applicants have been identified or a specific individual has been hired. We cannot guarantee you will be interviewed for any specific position.
Samford University embraces diversity in their faculty, staff and students and encourages applications from those who would add to the diveristy of our academic community.
You must apply for a specific job title and position number when you apply for a job listed on this website.
- • To search for open positions, click on the Search Jobs link.
- • To apply for a position, click on the Apply for Position link within the posting.
- • On-screen instructions will guide you through a series of steps to complete and save your employment application.
- • Please note your selected username and password.
- • Once submitted, an application may not be edited.
- • Click on the Applicant Login link and enter your username and password.
- • This allows you to: review the status of positions for which you have applied and apply to new jobs without re-entering your application information.
Before you begin, please note the following:
- • Do not use your browser’s “Back”, “Forward”, or “Refresh” buttons to navigate the site, or open a new browser window from your existing window. This may cause unexpected results, including loss of data or being logged out of the system. Please use the navigational buttons within the site.
- • If you exit this site before submitting your completed employment application, your data will not be saved and you will need to re-enter your application in its entirety.
- • For best success in your search, Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are the preferred browsers.
- • For security purposes, this system automatically logs you off when it senses no activity.
We do not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or applications for a position that is not currently open.
Samford University will conduct a background check (criminal, social security number check, driving) on all final candidates for all faculty or staff jobs. In addition, final candidates for certain positions will undergo drug testing. Knowledge and/or skills testing may also be required for certain jobs.
Samford University offers an excellent benefits package including a retirement plan, health and dental insurance and tuition benefits for full-time employees and their eligible dependents.
A summary of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act regarding Samford University is available online.